A great variation on the classic meatball using Jack's Crackers Buttermilk Bacon CrackersPrint Pin Rate
- 1 Large Bowl For mixing the ingredients
- 1 Medium Pot For cooking to goodness
- ⅓ lb Ground turkey Use beef or your favorite stuff instead
- ½ lb Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage Use pork sausage if you want here
- 1 cup Jack's Crackers Buttermilk Bacon Crackers Crushed
- ½ tsp Salt
- ⅓ tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Italian Herbs
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅔ cup Italian Cheese Blend Or jsut use Permesean
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Jars Spaghetti Saucxe Your favoirte brand
- Take the sausage out of the casing and break it into small chunks into the bowl
- Add the ground meat, cheese, salt, pepper, herbs, cracker crumbs, and eggs
- Mix together until well blended
- Let sit for 5-10 minutues so the ingredients can get to know each other
- Shape the meatballs at whatver size you like and gently place them in the pot of sauce as you make them. Gently stir as needed to make room
- Simmer for 20-30 minuites on low, once the sauce starts to genlty bubble. Stir occasionally.
- Ready for eatin'!
I have a thing for meatballs, they are sort of my Kryptonite. There are so many variations on how they are made, but this recipe is a little different in that you cook the meatballs in the sauce. This flavors both the meatballs and the sauce. We use turkey, but beef and pork are just as good. The addition of Jack's Crackers Buttermilk Bacon Crackers adds a nice smoky flavor that complements the other ingredients quite nicely. Serve with your favorite pasta or as a sandwich. Whatever makes your heart happy.