Chicken, Cucumber and Friends Salad
This recipe developed on the fly for a final vacation meal. It was orignally supposed to be some fried potatoes, but it drifted a bit. There were no spices save salt and pepper in the kitchenette, so we picked up some garlic and cilantro at a roadside stand. There were also some very nice peaches and apples that we got as well. The dairy products were refugees from the breakfast bar that were aquired earlier in the day. Just goes to show what you can do with some random ingredients.
- Pot for boiling potatoes
- Frying Pan
- Cooktop or heating what-have-you
- 3 Red Potatoes
- 1 Apple
- ½ Fresh Peach
- 2 tbsp Butter or 8 butter servings liberated from the breakfast bar.
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 3 tbsp Cilantro
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper or to taste
- 3 tsp Half and Half or three servings of Half and Half liberated from the breakfast bar.
- Place potatoes in a pot and just cover with water. Add salt and bring to a boil. when boiling, turn off the heat and let the potatoes sit in the water until they cool.
- Mince the garlic. Chop the cilantro. Wash and thinly slice the apple. Wash, peel, and finely slice the peach half. Put aside.
- When cool, remove the potatoes from the water and slice in whatever way meets your fancy.
- Heat the fry pan over medium. Add the butter. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or so.
- Add the potatoes, and cook them for about five minutes.
- Add the apple and peach and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring as needed.
- Add the half and half and cilantro and cook for a wee bit more.
- Serve and eat!!