Cantaloupe and Snap Pea Salad
Fruits and vegetables and cheese. What more could you want?
½ small cantaloupe or Honey Kiss melon (about 1½ lb.)
8 oz. sugar snap peas, strings removed, thinly sliced on a diagonal
8 oz. Romano cheese, thinly sliced into strips with a vegetable peeler or mandoline
3 Tbsp. tarragon leaves
Extra-virgin olive oil, lemon wedges, flaky sea salt, and fresh ground pepper (for serving)
- Chef’s knife
Mandoline or vegetable peeler
- Scoop out seeds from melon half and place, cut side down, on a cutting board
- Remove the rind by slicing down along the curve of the melon with a sharp knife, rotating the melon as you go.
- Cut in half again, then very thinly slice the flat side of each piece on a mandoline (to make half-moons) or use a vegetable peeler to make ribbons.
- Slice the snap peas along their long axis into thin strips.
- Toss melon, peas, ricotta, and tarragon together in a bowl and then place on a platter.
- Drizzle with some oil, squeeze some lemon juice over, and sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper.